Monday, February 24, 2014

Why walks?

It's easy. Just put on my shoes and walk out the door. No class to get to (no driving!), no start or end time.

It's free. No monthly fee or dvds or equipment to buy. Except shoes. but I already had those.

It's outside. Fresh air. Nature. Etc., etc.

When I'm walking I take deliberate and deep breaths. This is very helpful for my anxiety.

Endorphins

I need a way to self soothe that doesn't involve looking at a screen or stuffing something in my face. The kids or E are welcome to join me, but this is something ultimately just for me. I know that sounds selfish, but not taking a little time for myself every day hasn't worked out so well.

It's a challenge. A challenge (mostly mental) that my bod can totally handle! But it still feels like a challenge nonetheless.

It's out of the house. This is different than being outside. No little one can interrupt me with their needs because I'm not there. Nothing can distract me (knock on door, ringing or beeping phone, etc.). I'm literally walking away from the stresses of life for a short time.


No comments: