Sunday, February 15, 2015

Walk 365: The end

My family joined me on a hike to Snoqualmie Falls. It was a little anti-climactic.

The finish line isn't what is important, although I am so proud of myself for completing this challenge. It's what I learned on the journey, step-by-step.

I love being outside and it lifts my mood considerably to be outdoors daily stepping on a dirt path, breathing in the woods-scented air & watching the birds soar in the ever changing lovely sky.

I love where I live, and feel very blessed to live in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle. I used to not recognize that blessing in my life.

I need time to think--by myself--every day. It makes me a better me. (And a better wife, mother, friend, sister, etc. But the most important thing is it makes me a better me.) I am worth the time.

I love my body. Bodies are meant to move and it honestly made me so happy to be moving outside, racking up the miles. Even though it's a gently challenge, it made my body feel great and I lost 16 pounds without changing my eating habits one bit.

I love music.

I love my friends. Walks with friends deepened my friendships and I am so grateful.

Overall, Walk365 was one of the best things I have ever done in my life. It changed my life and made it so much better.

I highly recommend it.



No comments: