Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Walk 171. Close enough

In case you hadn't noticed, I love my sunset walks. After family time I head out on my own to enjoy the lovely evening. I don't miss GL or Discovery Park (I prob should!).

Walking up the Blvd towards the sunset, I love feeling the warm summer wind in my hair. Absolutely LOVE it. Exhilarating and energizing. Don't know why it took my so long to really notice it. After the sky, it's the best part of my walks (lately). (When it turns to freezing wind + rain in my face I'll feel differently.)

Anyway, while walking tonight it also occurred that um, HELLO! a lifelong dream of mine has actually been pretty much realized and I hadn't noticed.

My whole life I've wanted to live walking distance to the beach and go for walks on the sand listening to the waves and having them swirl around my feet. That was the dream, that would be a life goal fulfilled. (Yes Gretchen, I'm super jealous of you, especially since you don't go to the beach that often!) E shares that dream, and we've always planned on ending up near the beach.

But... I visited Orange County this spring and the sky isn't blue. I love Hermosa, or Dana Point...but the crowds and $$$ and plus starting our life over and E's business is here. (Santa Cruz, you're still on the list!) I know my beach fantasies (at least now) are unrealistic.

Walking and thinking about it and really LOOKING at where we live, I finally SEE that the walking along the sound is pretty much what I was asking for. From my house to the water it's about 6 blocks. I get to see the changing sky and blue ocean, and sort of breathe in the sea air. I walk in natural setting (grass instead of sand) and while I don't experience the waves, I see boats, islands, mountains, twinkling lights, downtown, etc.

So I say, for now....it's close enough. I'm so grateful to live and walk here.

No comments: