Friday, August 22, 2014

Walk 187. Outside UW Medical Center

I had the idea of waking up early and walking before we headed over to UW, but I completely forgot! Then his surgery was delayed... We ended up sitting in pre-op for 4 hours. It's exhausting to sit around all day. I was afraid to leave because I thought as soon as I did the doctor would stop by. Finally 2.5 hours after his scheduled surgery time they took him. I got something to eat, sat in the waiting room, and then inspired by my mom and sis telling me to go walk and not miss it (I thought today might be the first walk I missed and I was telling myself that surgery was a good excuse) I headed out to a patch of green (the surgery waiting room volunteer told me where to go) thinking I would just circle the grass. I was surprised to find a lovely trail along the ship canal!! So close to the hospital!!! I walked under the University Bridge and even across it. It lifted my spirit so much. But of course when I got back the doctor had stopped by to tell me the surgery was finished and it went great (1.5 hrs earlier than they said it would end). Doh! 1.7 miles



No comments: