Monday, May 26, 2014

Walk 100. One hundred

2.5 miles

Update 5/30. Okay, so 100 came and went. I've been thinking about getting to triple digits since walk 50. Thinking how I'd feel to almost be 1/3 of the way done. Thinking that reaching 100 gives this challenge gravitas, gives me confidence to know I can make it to 365, that 100 walks in a row would change my life.

In reality, I didn't really know I was on walk 100 until I got home to blog. And I was bummed at myself for kind of missing a milestone (i.e., not "being present"). Memorial day weekend was filled with family in town and lots to do (Discovery Park, Locks, Folklife, Golden Gardens, Bainbridge Island), so while I was walking daily I wasn't really thinking about what number walk I was on. In fact, right before I left for walk 100, E and I got in a big fight. I don't even remember what the fight was about but I do know I was so mad when I started, but then walking fixes everything. (Another bonus of walking. It puts life in perspective! No matter how mad or upset I feel, after taking a walk I always feel much better.)

So, what does this mean? I think walk 100 was all the things I thought it would be AND it wasn't. Reaching it has changed my life, but life (being busy, having fun, not having fun, etc.) is just life. Maybe that's the point. I like that it can be both.

This probably doesn't make any sense at all.

I guess I'm saying I hope I'll learn something amazing on milestone walks....but maybe the ordinary walks are where true inspiration comes.

Or, maybe milestones can be ordinary and great at the same time.


No comments: