Monday, May 5, 2014

Walk 79. In the dark

E and I went to Town Hall to hear Dr. Gottmann speak (All E's idea :-) and after picking up the kids (Cooper watched them at his house after our scheduled sitter cancelled) I didn't get out to walk until 10. It was really dark. I just looked it up and it was between new moon and first quarter moon (moonphases). Anyway, only walked 1.8 miles because I was kind of jumpy being outside so late....in scary Magnolia. ;-)

p.s. Dr. Gottmann is a relationship expert (reminds me of "love experts" from Frozen). During the Q&A at the end I wished I actually had a question...but then a women got up and asked about relationships after trauma, specifically after the death of a child. Whoa. I should have thought of that question! He said, this is the worst trauma anyone can suffer and you don't ever get over it. Somehow that made me feel better....and that our relationship, even though it is the same as everyone else's....has this one huge thing that makes us really different. It was actually comforting, in a way.

No comments: