Sunday, May 25, 2014

Walk 99. Mags with Steph

3 miles

Update 5/30. I'm from Northern California and have 4 sibs (3 bros/1 sis). When we grew up we ALL LEFT. Scattered. To Seattle, Salt Lake City area, Southern Idaho, LA and Orange County. My folks still live in the Bay Area.

The years pass and I see my brothers less and less. I get it, Seattle is far away. But I still miss them.

And then... on a whim and after a flurry of texts one bro and his fam pack up the van for a spontaneous weekend in Seattle. I have literally been hoping they would visit. Someday. FOR YEARS.

Anyway, went on a walk through our neighborhood and along Magnolia Blvd with my sis-in-law. It was great. It felt natural/normal/everyday. But looking back on that walk and their visit and the almost 9 years we've lived here it was anything but.

Thank you for coming. It meant so much to me.




No comments: