Thursday, May 8, 2014

Walk 82. Turtles

Walked at Green Lake after I dropped the kids at school. From the first steps I felt so bored. My life has had some dramatic ups and downs lately that have me questioning why I'm even walking....what's the point? It feels really indulgent when I have much more pressing worries. I was feeling blah until it hit me that I needed to use the restroom...and then I raced .9 miles to the nearest one! Nothing like having to go potty to get you out of your ho-hum head space. Then my mom called right as I was about to walk past a noisy ride-on lawnmower and other loud GL beautification. So I turned around. It was a good thing because when I was hurrying to the bathroom I saw all these turtles sitting on a log. I had to go so bad I didn't dare stop to take a picture. But since I was walking back the way I came I went right to them. Then sat on the path while I continued talking to my mom to just watch them. I've never seen turtles at Green Lake before. Can't wait to take J to see them. 2.2 miles

No comments: