Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Walk 94. Sleepy

For the last few days E has been taking the kids to school, which is very nice of him. Thanks hon! But, that means I'm not near GL with time to kill (or seize...as in "seize the day!") in the morning. So, I've been putting off my walks until the evening. Prob is, by the afternoon I'm sooooooo sleepy. I just want to take a long nap and do nothing and the thought of an evening walk seems exhausting.

Anyway, based on my small sample size and non-scientific method I've figured out... morning walks give me energy that lasts all day!! I hadn't really noticed this until I took them away. They also make me happier, calmer, and take away the little nagging thought of, "um, when are you going to walk today?"

Don't get me wrong, Afternoon walks give me energy too. It's just really hard for me to get out the door at that time of day. J has been insisting we walk to the park the last few afternoons and once I'm outside I perk up. Then after dinner or when E gets home (whichever is first) I head out to enjoy the lovely Magnolia evening.

But then, when I'm done walking (at 9 or 10 pm) I'm not tired at all! I started watching that zombie show (E has been trying to get me to watch it for years). So I stay up too late, get scared and grossed out then finally go to bed. Anyway, that's been my life for a couple days.

Moral of this story? Walk in the morning or you'll end up watching zombie tv.

Love,

me

Magnolia, 3.6 miles.


No comments: