Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Walk 144. 7/9, 9 years

July 9th is a hard day for me. 9 years since our angel girl Juliet passed away. Leading up to the 9th I usually get sad, forgetful, tired, cranky, etc. I really don't like this day.

But...

Today there were lovely moments. J & S both had friends over and we walked to the park. It's fun watching my kids have fun. It would be really great if Juliet were here too....but I'm learning to be grateful for what I do have and not always look back and think, "what if?"

We got pretty balloons from Bartell's, and walked home with them through the village. (About a mile.)

S fell asleep on my lap. That was wonderful. Even though she's so big, it felt like holding her when she was a baby. It was a perfect day for her to fall asleep on me.

An old friend sent an unexpected email that felt like a message from heaven. That was so nice.

Got lots of FB love. I posted a pic of me holding both girls. I looked tired.

People dropped by with flowers (starting the day before) and a couple friends went and got their own balloons and wrote their own notes. And came over to release them in our backyard.

We went to Discovery Park as a family at sunset. It was beautiful. J fell asleep. E & I let off our balloons, and a few friends came to join S as she let her balloon go (and J's which we thought was an ooops.)

So we went to get him another one and let it go on the lookout point on Magnolia Blvd. Then he wanted to go get a slurpie (because his cousins got one).

S and I cried.

We miss her.

2 miles



No comments: