Sunday, July 13, 2014

Walk 148. Best sunset of my life (so far)

Breathtaking, incredible, natural fireworks, yes...there really is a GOD, so so beautiful.... there really aren't words to describe it. (At least from me. Though I would like to be, I am not a poet.)

It was a great Sunday. Overcast Santa Cruz warm vibe all day. Left to walk around 8:45 pm with a spring in my step. Felt a few drops of rain and thought it would start sprinkling and even though I wasn't dressed for rain I kept on. It was warm. Was walking fast and feeling happy. I rounded a corner and literally gasped because this....

I was alone on the street and here it was. I kind of wanted to yell to everyone, "come outside!" Took my first panorama pics and turned around to see glowing red sunset through the beachy (foggy?) mist that was diffusing the light. Sprinkling, sunset, double rainbow, warm day, this was getting good. (Rainbows always feel like a message from God.)


Kept watching, walking, feeling grateful to be alive and a witness to this beauty as I walked towards Magnolia Blvd and the sound. Got there and looked up to see bright orange, red sunset with trees in silhouette.
It looked like something from a Disney movie. Walked up towards my stop sign turnaround spot and just LOOKED. The sky kept getting more beautiful, I couldn't actually believe how pretty it was. There I was walking in the sprinkling rain my shirt getting kind of wet, breathing deeply, legs moving, feeling so fortunate to be a witness to this....to be part of it. Cars started pulling over and people got out to take pics. Usually I see a few people on my sunset walks. This was so beautiful folks were stopping to take notice. It was pretty cool.

Kind of hung around the stop sign grassy area to watch. Then walked home feeling so so blessed.

The thing about these moments in life is you can't plan for them. You just have to be present and willing to let life happen. And pay attention. It's such a huge gift...one that I wasn't expecting. I am so HAPPY I was outside walking. Like I've said before....I will never regret a walk taken.

3+ miles

(Oh and Madison his his 2nd grand slam of the year. Go Giants!)

(And of course this was walk 148. Everything great happens on an 8.)

No comments: