Thursday, July 17, 2014

Walk 152. Cholesterol and walking

Saw my naturopath today. Got some blood work results (they are actually outdated, but show how beneficial walking can be) I forgot to get last visit. After walking daily for two months (and not changing my diet one bit) my bad cholesterol went down by almost 30 points and my total cholesterol went down almost 20 points! I think that's impressive. (I wonder what it would be now that I've been walking daily for 5 months??)

I stopped eating wheat (gluten) on 7/4 (so 2 weeks today). I feel much less crazy about food. I think wheat was a trigger and addictive for me AND I never felt full or satisfied when I ate wheat (Funny, it turns out wheat is an opiate that makes you hungrier! At least according to this guy.) I don't feel like that anymore and it's so freeing!! I don't know if it will translate into big weight loss, but it feels great not to feel out of control about food. Hopefully just eliminating one big thing the weight (especially my tummy) will shrink. Please.

Also, wheat (or leaky gut) isn't good for folks with thyroid probs. Me again!! The plan is to heal my gut and hopefully heal my thyroid. That would be amazing! 

Walked to village during the day, then with Sarah in the evening. It was fun to walk with a friend and catch up with her. 

4.8 miles

No comments: