Tuesday, March 4, 2014

walk 17. miscommunication

my phone died. actually died (not just out of juice), which made confirming my walk this morning with a friend a little difficult. (how in the world did i live without texting?)

anyway.....it all worked out. we walked and talked again. not too fast but for about an hour. it's so therapeutic to be outside in the early morning and to talk it out.

i'm grateful for this friend. she reminded me to be grateful. she has listened to my troubles for many years. i guess that's what friends are for.

but.... miscommunication..... there has to be a link. it has to be a metaphor for my life. maybe my metaphorical phone died and i've been missing messages that were sent my way.

yesterday i prayed for something to make me feel better. and then against the weather forecast the sun came bursting through the clouds. i checked....it was supposed to be rain for the next 10 days. and there it was. sunshine. j and i immediately went outside and walked to the library in the sun. it felt so good on my face.

maybe it was a message getting through. a message that has been sent many times, but that i've been missing with my broken phone.

No comments: